How it works? It is easy. You contribute on this page mainly by adding more links related to MOOC (concept, discussion, communities, news, researches). You can at the same time benefit from the pool of links related to MOOCs, organized by categories. Looking for something particular about MOOC? Search for it to begin!
⇒ Search for a link:
⇒ Contribute a link here:
⇒ All links by category:
⇒ All links:
Academic Journals publishing MOOC studies
Be a better online educator
MOOC Research: Big Data & Learning Analytics
MOOC Research: Diffusion of Innovation
MOOC Research: Engagement
- Anderson, A., Huttenlocher, D., Kleinberg, J., & Leskovec, J. (2014, April). Engaging with massive online courses. In Proceedings of the 23rd international conference on World wide web (pp. 687-698). ACM.
- Guo, P. J., Kim, J., & Rubin, R. (2014, March). How video production affects student engagement: An empirical study of mooc videos. In Proceedings of the first ACM conference on Learning@ scale conference (pp. 41-50). ACM.
- Hughes, G., & Dobbins, C. (2015). The utilization of data analysis techniques in predicting student performance in massive open online courses (MOOCs). Research and Practice in Technology Enhanced Learning, 10(1), 1.
- Milligan, C., Littlejohn, A., & Margaryan, A. (2013). Patterns of engagement in connectivist MOOCs. Journal of Online Learning and Teaching, 9(2), 149.
- Nawrot, I., & Doucet, A. (2014, April). Building engagement for MOOC students: introducing support for time management on online learning platforms. In Proceedings of the 23rd International Conference on World Wide Web (pp. 1077-1082). ACM.
- Onah, D. F., Sinclair, J., & Boyatt, R. (2014). Dropout rates of massive open online courses: behavioural patterns. EDULEARN14 Proceedings, 5825-5834.
- Petty, T., & Farinde, A. (2013). Investigating student engagement in an online mathematics course through windows into teaching and learning. Journal of Online Learning and Teaching, 9(2), 261.
- Ramesh, A., Goldwasser, D., Huang, B., Daume III, H., & Getoor, L. (2014). Uncovering hidden engagement patterns for predicting learner performance in MOOCs. In Proceedings of the first ACM conference on Learning@ scale conference (pp. 157-158). ACM.
- Trowler, V. (2010). Student engagement literature review. The Higher Education Academy, 11, 1-15.
- Wen, M., Yang, D., & Rosé, C. P. (2014, May). Linguistic Reflections of Student Engagement in Massive Open Online Courses. In ICWSM.
- Wintrup, J., Wakefield, K., & Davis, H. C. (2015). Engaged learning in MOOCs: a study using the UK Engagement Survey.
MOOC Research: Evaluation & Quality
MOOC Research: Instructional Design and Pedagogy
MOOC Research: Learner Perspectives
- A Comparison Between International and US Graduate Students’ Attitudes and Experiences Using Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs)
- Douglas, K. A., Mihalec-Adkins, B. P., Hicks, N. M., & Diefes-Dux, H. A. (2016) Learners in Advanced Nanotechnology MOOCs: Understanding their Inten-tion and Motivation.
- Fayer, L. (2014). A Multi-Case Study of Student Perceptions of Online Course Design Elements and Success. International Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching & Learning, 8(1).
- Melicherikova, Z., & Piovarci, A. (2016). Experience with Massive Open Online Courses in Slovakia. Journal of e-Learning and Knowledge Society, 12(1).
- Yousef, A. M. F., Chatti, M. A., Wosnitza, M., & Schroeder, U. (2015). A Cluster Analysis of MOOC Stakeholder Perspectives. Revista de Universidad y Sociedad del Conocimiento, 12(1), 74-90.
- Zhou, M. (2016). Chinese university students' acceptance of MOOCs: A self-determination perspective. Computers & Education, 92, 194-203.
MOOC Research: MOOC Practice Report
MOOC Research: Provider Perspectives
MOOC Research: Systematic Review
- Bozkurt, A., Keskin, N. O., & de Waard, I. (2016). Research Trends in Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) Theses and Dissertations: Surfing the Tsunami Wave. Open Praxis, 8(3), 203-221.
- Daradoumis, T., Bassi, R., Xhafa, F., & Caballé, S. (2013, October). A review on massive e-learning (MOOC) design, delivery and assessment.
- Ebben, M., & Murphy, J. S. (2014). Unpacking MOOC scholarly discourse: a review of nascent MOOC scholarship. Learning, Media and Technology, 39(3), 328-345.
- Gallardo-Echenique, E. E., Marqués-Molías, L., Bullen, M., & Strijbos, J. W. (2015). Let’s talk about digital learners in the digital era. The International Review of Research in Open and Distributed Learning, 16(3).
- Gamage, D., Fernando, S., & Perera, I. (2015, August). Quality of MOOCs: A review of literature on effectiveness and quality aspects. In Ubi-Media Computing (UMEDIA), 2015 8th International Conference on (pp. 224-229). IEEE
- Kennedy, J. (2014). Characteristics of Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs): A Research Review, 2009-2012. Journal of Interactive Online Learning, 13(1).
- Liyanagunawardena, T. R., Adams, A. A., & Williams, S. A. (2013). MOOCs: A systematic study of the published literature 2008-2012. The International Review of Research in Open and Distributed Learning, 14(3), 202-227.
- Sa’don, N. F., Alias, R. A., & Ohshima, N. (2014, November). Nascent research trends in MOOCs in higher educational institutions: A systematic literature review.
- Veletsianos, G., & Shepherdson, P. (2016). A Systematic Analysis and Synthesis of the Empirical MOOC Literature Published in 2013–2015. The International Review of Research in Open and Distributed Learning, 17(2).
- Yousef, A. M. F., Chatti, M. A., Schroeder, U., & andHarald Jakobs, M. W. (2014). A Review of the State-of-the-Art. In Proceedings of CSEDU2014, 6th International Conference on Computer Supported Education (pp. 9-20)
MOOC Research: Technologies
Tourism and Hospitality MOOCs