MOOC-it.com is a website that was built for tracking my personal MOOC exploration journey, which leads to my PhD thesis on such topic.
I am Jingjing Lin, currently a PhD candidate at the Faculty of Communication Sciences at the Università della Svizzera italiana (USI, University of Lugano). I focus the research interests mainly on eLearning in particular within the area of MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses). I am also an Entrepreneur in overseas education support. Novelist in Douban. Dog friend.
Raised up in China, I received my bachelor degree in the area of management from the Harbin Engineering University, China. Afterwards, I moved to Hong Kong for master programme study specializing in eLearning. In the following four years after my graduation from The University of Hong Kong (HKU), I continued to serve in the Hong Kong communities by contributing in various projects closely related to eLearning in both the industry sectors and the local universities.
I am planning to defend my PhD thesis and graduate in 2018. It is going to be a compilation of publications of me over the 3-year PhD period.
You can see my research contributions such as:
- Lin J., Cantoni L. (2017) Decision, Implementation, and Confirmation: Experiences of Instructors behind Tourism and Hospitality MOOCs. IRRODL. Accepted.
- Lin J., Cantoni L., Kalbaska N. (2016) How to Develop and Evaluate an eTourism MOOC: An Experience in Progress, e-Review of Tourism Research (eRTR), 7:1-5
- Lin J. (2016) 互联网里的旅游与服务业培训：慕课（MOOC）现状 (Tourism and hospitality training on the internet: A state of art in MOOCs), 旅游学刊 (Tourism Tribune), 31 (5):10-14
- Ng M., Lin J. (2016) Testing for mediation effects under non-normality and heteroscedasticity: a comparison of classic and modern methods, International Journal of Quantitative Research in Education:24-40
- Lin J., Cantoni L. (2017) Assessing the Performance of a Tourism MOOC Using the Kirkpatrick Model: A Supplier’s Point of View. Information and Communication Technologies in Tourism 2017. Springer.. Information and Communication Technologies in Tourism 2017. ENTER 2017. 24-26 January, 2017
- Lin J., Kalbaska N., Tardini S., Decarli Frick E., Cantoni L. (2015) A Journey to Select the Most Suitable MOOCs Platform: The Case of a Swiss University. Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Norfolk. Ed-MEDIA 2015. Montreal (Canada). June 22-26, 2015. ISBN 9781939797162
Publication in progress:
- Lin J., Cantoni L., Murphy J. (2017) Tourism and Hospitality MOOCs (2008 – 2015): A Review of the Curriculums.
- Lin J., Cantoni L. (2017) Learner Engagement in a Tourism MOOC: Analysis of an Online Survey.
- Lin J., Cantoni L. (2016) Concept of Massive Open Online Course: Expand the Horizon of the Visible.
You can follow me on: